Monday, September 29, 2008

RCIA Class

Tonight we attended our first RCIA class. It was the introduction night and as we went around the circle listening to people's stories, I was in awe. There were three people there from different countries who told their stories of being Catholic or Christian in general, in a country that persecutes religion. These ladies came from Communist and Dictatorship countries. It amazes me how faith can endure that type of environment. These ladies are truly an inspiration.
I also got a little teary-eyed when my husband's turn came and he explained his story. Up until the time my husband meet me, he was truly an atheist. When we met, I invited him to attend Mass with me and to my amazement he said yes. And so his faith journey began. He said some things about me that made me blush. He is so sweet and kind. The funny thing is - many people don't know that about him. They just see this Marine who sometimes has an attitude. However, that is not who he is most of the time. I just wish people could see him through my eyes!
During the entire class, little Keegan - my K-man, decided he was happy that Daddy is becoming Catholic and that we were all in church together, because he became very excited and has not stopped moving since!!! This little guy just can't wait to arrive into the world. He is getting more excited and moving around the closer the day gets. I just wish he would let me get some sleep!!! Keegan truly is a blessing and I wouldn't change any of this!!!

No comments: